- The main topics addressed will be the following questions:
- Do Eastern European films have a chance in the international market?
- What are the deciding criteria in the acquisition of a film?
- What is the future of the distribution of art-house films in Europe?
- Which Eastern European films have the potential to stand up to the overwhelming competition of foreign films?
Three Days of Slovak Film is a pilot project of SAPA & Film Europe Agency, which focus on the promotion and sale of Slovak films on the international market. Their goal is to present Slovak cinema to select international distributors and buyers of television rights, introduce the latest Slovak productions and display domestic cinema from a commercial and non-commercial standpoint. At Art Film Fest, international representatives have had the opportunity to see several films of recent Slovak production, such as Muzika, Tango s komármi (Mosquitoes‘ Tango), Nebo, peklo…zem (Heaven, Hell… Earth), Slepé lásky (Blind Loves), Pokoj v duši (Soul at Peace), Nedodržaný sľub (Broken Promise) and Ženy môjho muža (My Husband’s Women). The Art Film Fest International Film Festival Trenčianske Teplice/Trenčín is made possible through the financial support of the Audiovisual Fund and the European Union Programme MEDIA. Organizers: ART FILM, n. o., Forza, a. s. Co-organizers: the Town of Trenčianske Teplice, the City of Trenčín, the Trenčianske Teplice Health Spa General Sponsors: Dôvera Medical Insurance, AquaCity Poprad Main Sponsors: Tatra banka, Slovnaft, Veolia Voda – Central Slovakian Waterworks, OHL ŽS, Alison Slovakia Official Transport Provider: Lancia